Friday, August 19, 2011

Fear & The Creative Process




Creating on an authentic level involves encountering fears. The fear of bringing out something which isn't good enough and the fear of making mistakes are just a few. Fear is an "inhibitor" whether it rears its ugly head in the studio or in life. Sometimes I think my own fear can manifest as procrastination. Krista Kozel is a fearless artist. She never hesitates to jump right into a project. I had put off painting the door into a storage space here at home when Krista blasted me out of my intertia and we did a "tag team" paint process . It was terrific fun! Having a partner can indeed help get you going.

In order to dig deep and find the riches of the soul you have to push past fear. What are you afraid of? How long has it been since you tried something new?




No comments:

Post a Comment